Monday, April 22, 2013

Refuge

87:365
88:365
Lazy Kit Kat
In the brush
89:365
Its looking like spring on our street. #norwich #neighborhood #CT
91:365
86:365
90:365
92:365
93:365
We are not news people. In fact I'm not sure when the last time I watched the nightly news was. The stories always disappoint me and remind me how cruel we can be to each other. Senseless crimes, devastation, and fighting. All the things I strive not to surround myself or my family with. But this week there was no escaping it all. Boston is close to home. While I couldn't bring myself to read the stories or know every detail, my thoughts were still with the people effected. 
This week we've kept busy, trying to make our own little corner better. Stripping wallpaper in the kids rooms, organizing our closet, playing outside in the yard, collecting violets, and letting the sun warm us. Every night I sit down and draw little. Practicing. Taking refuge in our tiny bubble. 

3 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

It has been a very sad time for Boston!

Love your bunny drawing and your kitty photos are gorgeous!
V x

Jenniffer said...

Well, the practicing is paying off; those sketches are lovely!
Great photos of your bubble :)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I grew up outside of Philly and lived and traveled all over the East Coast. Now my heart and home now reside in Oregon. However your words and photos somehow bring me such nostalgia and longing for the East Coast. I've always loved New England, and reading your blog makes me wish I were there!