Friday, December 21, 2012

Grey Days

239:365
237:365
240:365
236:365
238:365
Today was grey. Full of lots of rain with no escape. Big wind gusts and this chill in the air. I would much rather snow - at least a small dusting before the holiday. Last night I wrapped up some watercolor prints and snack bags for the kids teachers. It's important to honor teachers and I do think it brightened their day to be appreciated.
 The day required warmth, so I lit candles and made homemade bread for the neighbors. Carefully wrapping the still warm loafs in parchment paper, with a new flour sack dishtowel, all bundled with some bakers twine, I set out my oldest delivery boy - who got many hugs for his job. I took a moment today to admired the lovely vintage ornaments my dear friend sent and got to work on some watercolor holiday cards. For a moment while sitting at my desk, my back turned to the window, I believe the sun peeked out. It felt like it just wanted to admire my work before making winter all grey again.  

2 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

What a lovely post Amanda! :)
Sending warm Christmas wishes to you and your family! :)
Vivienne xxx

Micaela said...

i just love your heart. Such a good heart!

and everything you do and all the pieces you share of your home just sounds so cozy and warm. <3 it's such a comfort to come here to your sweet corner of the internet.

It makes me smile that you like this year's ornaments. I thought they were perfect for my vintage soul sister esp. that pink one from Felix ;) i love our tradition xo