Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Working Weekend

Usually the weekends are reserved around here for family time. Often I don't get to see my hubby during the week since he is at work when I am asleep. This weekend was different though. Dear hubby took the kids to his parents and I spent the day working on items for the farmer's market.
The sun did decide to come out for a little bit and I took advantage of that. It's been raining here for 6 days straight. My flower garden can't decide if this is a good thing or not. Taking a small walk I noticed flowers stretching out as if they were basking in the sun light .
Collecting some buttercups, bleeding hearts, daffodils, and some yellow flax I had a nice small bouquet by the end of my yard walk. Putting them in a turquoise mason jar brightened up our kitchen and I went back to work. I do hope Mr. Sunshine visits again this weekend.

7 comments:

Lola Nova said...

What pretty flowers, makes a heart happy to collect them in the sunshine. Our rain is back and looks like it's here to stays for days and days.

I am so impressed by your embroider block quilt project! I don't think I could keep up with such an ambitious project. It is going to be absolutely amazing!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet little jar of flowers! :)
Vivienne x

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet little jar of flowers! :)
Vivienne x

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers! We're in the same boat as Lola Nova here in SW Virginia. It has started storming again. But the sun was oh so lovely while it lasted. We're with you and hope it comes out again this coming weekend!

Anonymous said...

So very pretty Amanda. I am on Long Island, so we have just about the same weather as you. But we did get a bit of sun today - yay!!! :-D xoxoxo Helena

Anonymous said...

very sweet!

Eileen {bluebirdluxe} said...

ahhh {sigh} so beautiful! I love these photos! Your flowers are just beautiful! :)