Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What Spring Dreams are Made of

We are all waiting for the warmer weather and spring to arrive. My days are filled with dreaming of the barn shop, getting ready for flea markets, and gardening.
While waiting I have been picking up little pieces here and there for the shop. The little girl that lives in my house told me she wanted to grow up so she can fit into the 1950's wedding dress I recently purchased at an auction. Explaining that the dress was going into the shop for the section that housed wedding gifts, Aries quickly stated she will get married to her prince someday so I shouldn't sell it.
I wonder if the woman who wore it on her wedding day found her prince? It was probably worn in a dream wedding with powder blue bridesmaid dresses, a birdcage veil, and a bride who wore red lipstick. She must have felt like Cinderella.
So while I impatiently wait for spring I will dream. Dream of a wonderful barn shop filled with customers and handmade items, of gardens full of mossy pots and herbs, and of antiques that hold memories. What is the thought of spring making you dream of?
Linking with White Wednesday :)!!!

6 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Well I feel spring has already arrived where I am, hopefully it's not a false start!!
Such a beautful dress, I can understand that your little girl would want for her own. Definitely a dress for a princess seeking a prince. :)
Vivienne x

Blessed Serendipity said...

Loving your bridal dress. Just beautiful!

Danielle

raggygirlvintage said...

Thanks for sharing your hope with us, it is so nice to have new seasons to look forward to!
Tracey

Anonymous said...

Tell that little girl not to rush growing up - it goes by too fast as it is. Love the dress, and all your ideas.

Ellen said...

the dress is beautiful and it looks great in the room. Dreaming of those barn sales and other sales over here too! Hurry Spring!

xoxo,
Ellen

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a sweet dress ~ and sweet dreams from your little one!