Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stripes are FUN!

Didn't I promise some before and afters of the house? Well I suppose I can show you some of our mudroom we just finished.

This is a before


This is after


We painted the door red and the walls are Dove White by Behr. I love the stripes we painted on the ceiling - it gives it a little something.

This is a before


This is after


In our metal buckets we plan on having herbs and succulents. The herbs will be handy since the mudroom is right off the kitchen and gets enough light that we should have nice fresh herbs to cook with.


Can you imagine fresh lemon thyme, lavender, basil, cilantro, and maybe some chives in these silver pots? The mudroom will smell heavenly when you first walk in! 


Now I am going to tell you the real reason why the mudroom was the next room to be done in the house. Although fresh herbs to cook with is a nice thought, the monkeys that live in my house like to take their shoes off anywhere. One day, while coming home from grocery shopping, I opened the door and stumbled upon 5 pairs of shoes. I proclaimed that there must be a different and more efficient place to put the famous pink boots and the must have DC sneakers. So now there is a such place.. it will take some reminding (like everyday for 3 months) but eventually their coats, backpacks, and shoes will be put away the minute they get home from school.


I must say it's a stylish and fun place to put your shoes away!


5 comments:

Carol Bender said...

I love you. I want to BE you. Maybe, someday, when I grow up! AWESOME!!!!

Unknown said...

Great job! I would so much love a mud room- alas no room here!

Emma Thomsen said...

What I would give for a mud room! Lucky you! ;)

koralee said...

Wow...what a great job you did..love it!

A mud room is on my wish list! xoxoxo

Kristen said...

The stripes are AWESOME!! And you have a Mud Room...you lucky girl :)