Thursday, August 5, 2010

Good Vibrations

Oh what a stressful week!!!! We are suppose to be painting, remodeling, and having fun this week but unfortunately that wasn't in the cards. Our new house is crying for help but unfortunately getting smothered by the previous tenant. I am going through the 7 stages of grief. Sometimes people take advantage of kindness, not realizing that what they are doing is affecting everyone around them.
With all the drama going around (I hate drama), I seriously needed to keep my mind off of revenge, feeling sorry for myself, and anger. My mind works in mysterious ways. To relax I read books, this didn't work this time as I would read a line forgot what I read and reread the same line... 10X in a row. I was far beyond irritated this week and didn't want to take it out on the kids or my hubby.
The only way to solve my dilemma was to learn something new. When I learn something new my brain doesn't have time or room to focus on anything else. I went over to ravelry (if you knit or crochet - this site is AWESOME) and found a granny square to work on. I just started learning to crochet in July making this my first granny square blanket ever!
So far the granny squares are working and helping me with good vibrations. No negative thoughts only positive thoughts. So decidedly so I named this project good vibrations. The colors make you instantly happy.
So keeping with the theme of happy thoughts tomorrow is the Barn Chick Blog Party be sure to come check out all this barn goodness. Also something coming this month will be a book a month giveaway, dishtowel parade, dishtowel giveaway, and grand opening of my shop (a long time coming)! So keep those good vibrations coming and don't ever let anyone affect the way you feel!

5 comments:

greenrabbtdesigns said...

I've got the Beach Boys going round and round in my head! :)
Vivienne x

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Sorry, also meant to say (pressed the button too soon), gorgeous crochet.:)
Vivienne x

Carol Bender said...

Thanks I always love your ideas!
The story and the crochet ideas!

Anne Lorys said...

Stress is no good, kudos for channeling all that negative energy into something beautifully creative! :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Anne

DogsMom said...

You have a good way to destress. I have been trying to learn to crochet forever, so your results are wonderful for a beginner. Stick with it, I know you will love it and be amazing at it.